top of page

Private Rented Accommodation


Our private rented sector (PRS) advisor is here to support you with your accommodation search in the privately rented sector


You will need...

  • A regular income or an up and running benefits claim (if you need support to find out if you are eligible you can book to see the Newday benefits advisor) and willingness to share log in/journal details

  • An email address you can regularly access (we can help set one up)

  • ID (in the form of a passport, driving licence or other forms of accepted formal ID)

  • The right to rent (an immigration status which allows you to rent a property in the UK)

  • Realistic expectations about the type of property you will be able to afford (according to the market and Housing Benefit restrictions) and an openness to look outside of your preferred areas

  • To attend regular appointments at Newday, attend any workshops/training offered and take responsibility for your own search.  If you miss several of appointments we will be unable to continue to work with you.


NEWday can offer...

  • Help you to search for properties, speak to landlords/letting agents and arrange viewings

  • Refer you to landlords/letting agents we are in contact with, in addition to other housing services that may be able to assist you

  • Ensure you have a legal tenancy agreement and understand your rights and responsibilities as a tenant

  • Set up Universal Credit housing element and financial arrangements to help you maintain your tenancy

  • Provide on-going support to sustain your tenancy if in Newham or close by

  • Refer you to floating support in other areas of London or the UK

bottom of page